Monday, May 12, 2014

The Blog is Back!

We're very excited to announce that, after an over four year hiatus, this blog is returning to action. Coming soon, more posts--more assessment, DSM, theories and methods, and lots more to help you pass the LCSW exam. By now, chances are that most of you who read and used these pages over the first burst of blogging, 2006 through 2010, have already taken and passed the exam. You're now out there doing all kinds of great social work. Please don't be shy about checking in in comments and letting everyone know what you've been up to! For those of you new to the blog, welcome. There are years of terrific posts by  to sort through, plus lots of helpful comments from people struggling with and eventually triumphing over the test. You're next.

Interested in helping blog about the exam? Have questions you'd like to see answered here? Write thelcswexam [+] gmail. Looking forward to the coming years of helping you get licensed!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am scheduled to take my exam this summer and I am happy that the blog is back! I am nervous about this exam and am having a hard time focusing on my studies :(

Anonymous said...

Omg how exciting!!!!!!! Thank you for this blog! I'm taking my exam this summer and I'm looking forward to some guidance from these posts!

Cindy said...

I am SOOO happy to see this blog is back! I am going to be eligible to take the LCSW exam in October and have been looking for ways to study. This blog seemed like the most helpful thing I could find after a long, long search!!
I was a little worried about how long it had been since the posts, but, hey, Freudian theory hasn't had a lot of changes in the past few years.
Thanks for doing this blog!! I think it will help me a LOT to focus my studies.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Thank you I plan to take the LCSW next year but plan to start studying now has been years since I obtained my degree.

Anonymous said...

Soooo happy this is back! I'm taking the clinical exam this summer and am rather nervous and a bit overwhelmed by the amount of studying ahead!

Anonymous said...

I JUST found this blog!!! And I am so happy to have a variety of resources; Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

i am taking my LCSW exam this august and am overwhelmed and excited to be taking this exam. Hoping this site will be helpful in studying to pass.

Jessica W said...

This is by far the best website I've found thus far, however, I wish I found it a tad bit earlier (in the month/week)being as I am literally taking the exam in, oh let me see, 5 hours and 15 minutes, YIKES!!!!!!!!
I still want to commend you on such an organized, detailed, user-friendly, and INFORMATIVE website. I have been experiencing severe anxiety and have tried some interventions from CBT on myself, as well as a few other ways to combat the anxiety, however, it was not until I found this website about ad hour or so ago that my anxiety level decreased...Thank you so much and I plan to return to this website, as well as share it with colleagues of mine.

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how excited I am to fine this blog! I am taking the exam in early September and am freaking out about the DSM-5, as I have never used it. What do you feel like are the important things to focus on with regards to the DSM-5?

Unknown said...

This blog is amazing! I'm so excited to have found you! I'm taking the exam in a few weeks and am so anxious about the DSM-5. I don't know where to start. What do you feel like would be important to focus on.